[hylafax-users] Eicon Diva PRI + Avaya switch = No luck

Folks, as the subject implies, I need some help getting a new Eicon Diva PRI
talking to a ?DS1 interface ? T1?   TN767 installed in an Avaya switch.

I'm not a telephony guy, so please, forgive my ignorance in these matters.

On with the show . . .

Switch: Avaya 8700
Card installed in the switch: TN767 "DS1 interface"
Server OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
Eicon: Diva PRI 8 port card -
http://shop.ifax.com/eicon-diva-server-t1pri8m-port-p-71.php
Drivers: Installed latest drivers from Eicon (built from source).
Server: Sun v20Z w/ 2 Opteron processors and a few gigs of RAM.

We've reached a point where it appears that Hylafax has bonded to at least one
port, but the switch reports that port (and the others, also) as "in
service/off hook".  Below is the output of "faxstat":

[root@spfx0051a]# faxstat
HylaFAX scheduler on spfx0051a: Running
Modem ttyds03 (1.302.255.2903): Waiting for modem to come ready
Modem ttyds02 (1.302.255.2902): Waiting for modem to come ready
Modem ttyds01 (1.302.255.7500): Running and idle
[root@spfx0051a]#

At this point I'm only concerned about ttyds01, however, at the end of this
email you'll find the config files for all three ports.

The card in the Avaya switch, the TN767, I'm told is good for a line side T,
but I'm also told that it doesn't have a D channel.  Going through the driver
setup for the Eicon card it looks to me as though the D channel is required, is
it?  I'm thinking that this whole issue is as simple as getting the correct
card for the Avaya switch, are we using the wrong card?

I wish that I could provide better information, but this is my first foray into
the world of telephony.  If you need more information please just let me know
and I'll do my best to get it to you.

Thanks for the help,
Jim

[root@spfx0051a]# cat config.ttyds01
# Config File for tty modem
# $Id: eicon-2,v 1.2 2004/03/05 02:29:32 lhoward Exp $
#
# prototype config file for the Eicon Diva ISDN Modem
#

#
#
CountryCode:            001
AreaCode:               302
FAXNumber:              1.302.255.7500
LongDistancePrefix:     0
InternationalPrefix:    00
DialStringRules:        "etc/dialrules"
ServerTracing:          0xfff
SessionTracing:         0xfff
RecvFileMode:           0600
LogFileMode:            0600
DeviceMode:             0600
RingsBeforeAnswer:      2
SpeakerVolume:          off
#GettyArgs:             "-h %l dx_%s"
GettyArgs:              "-b -r -s %s %l"
LocalIdentifier:        "HylaFax -Diva Server"
TagLineFont:            etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:          "From %%l|%c|Page %%P of %%T"
MaxRecvPages:           25
#
#

ModemType:              Class2
ModemRate:              57600   # Diva Server supports V.34-fax
ModemFlowControl:       rtscts
ModemNoFlowCmd:         AT&K0
ModemSoftFlowCmd:       AT&K4
ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&K3

Class2APQueryCmd:       none
Class2SPLCmd:           none
Class2TBCCmd:           none
Class2ECMType:          2.0     # follows Class 2.0 spec, not Class 2
Class2UseHex:           yes

#Bind Modem to Controller 2
ModemResetCmds:         AT#CID=14+iQ=a1
# Put the Destination Address in CIDNumber. We can the reject calls on the
basis
# Of where we are sending them, instead of the Caller ID
CIDNumber:              "DAD: "
CIDName:                "CID: "
QualifyCID:             etc/cid         # CID access control list file
[root@spfx0051a]#

[root@spfx0051a]# cat config.ttyds02
# Config File for tty modem
# $Id: eicon-2,v 1.2 2004/03/05 02:29:32 lhoward Exp $
#
# prototype config file for the Eicon Diva ISDN Modem
#

#
#
CountryCode:            001
AreaCode:               302
FAXNumber:              1.302.255.2902
[...]

ModemResetCmds:         AT#CID=14+iQ=a2
# Put the Destination Address in CIDNumber. We can the reject calls on the
basis
# Of where we are sending them, instead of the Caller ID
CIDNumber:              "DAD: "
CIDName:                "CID: "
QualifyCID:             etc/cid         # CID access control list file
[root@spfx0051a]#

* 302.354.5467 (C)
* james.mutter@xxxxxxxxxx (Text pager)