Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax does not answer rings

Hi

There are some differences between our config files. My config

LogFacility:		daemon
CountryCode:		351
AreaCode:		1
LongDistancePrefix:	1
InternationalPrefix:	00
DialStringRules:	"etc/dialrules"
ServerTracing:		1
SessionTracing:		0xffffffff
MaxConcurrentCalls:	2
MaxSendPages:		1024
ModemGroup:		any:.*
SendFaxCmd:		/var/spool/fax/bin/faxsend

From memory, I remember that ModemGroup was very importante, but I can
remember why.

My config.faxCAPI was 3 main differences

# "FaxRcvdCmd" gibt das Skript an, das ausgefhrt wird, sobald ein Fax
# empfangen wurde. Im Stand-Alone-Betrieb werden andere Parameter
# bergeben als fr HylaFAX (mehr dazu im sample_faxrcvd).
#
# "FaxRcvdCmd" indicates the script performed whenever a fax is
# received. Parameters other than the ones for HylaFAX are returned in
# stand-alone operation (see sample_faxrcvd for more information).
#
# default   /var/spool/hylafax/bin/faxrcvd
#
FaxRcvdCmd:		/var/spool/fax/bin/faxrcvd

# "PollRcvdCmd" gibt das Skript an, das ausgefhrt wird, sobald ein
# Fax per Faxabruf empfangen wurde. Im Stand-Alone-Betrieb werden
# andereParameter bergeben als fr HylaFAX (mehr dazu im
# sample_faxrcvd).
#
# "PollRcvdCmd" indicates the script performed whenever a fax was
# received by fax polling. Parameters other than the ones for HylaFAX
# are returned in stand-alone operation (see sample_faxrcvd for more
# information).
#
# default   /var/spool/hylafax/bin/pollrcvd
#
PollRcvdCmd:             /var/spool/fax/bin/pollrcvd

I have a FaxRcvdCmd. I don't use the Poll mode, so I can't help you there. Can
that be a reason? And my

# "FaxReceiveUser" is the user when c2faxrecv is run. This user can be
# changed only by the Superuser or "root" user. If c2faxrecv is started by
# another user, this entry will be ignored. Here it is a good idea to enter a
# value other than the hylafax default value "fax", for instance, if the
# rights of /dev/capi20 are not to be changed or your Linux distribution
# requires another user.
#
# default   ""
#
FaxReceiveUser:         root #fax

is root. As far as I can remember, I had to supply the faxreceiveuser root,
cause the different components (device, hylafax, capi, etc..) have different
users and groups, so that was the only way that they worked together.

Lívio Cipriano