Re: [hylafax-users] man page subscript accuracy

Charles Duffy wrote:

I have a local tool which system configuration files, including for configuration for HylaFAX. I've recently extended it to look at the man page, read the subscripts (which indicate whether a given line should be in the modem-specific config file, the general config file, or both) and respect their directives.

Unfortunately, it appears that the man page is wrong in at least two cases.

pollrcvdcmd - listed with no subscript (indicating that it should be in the device-specific file only). Not accepted by faxgetty ("FaxGetty[26681]: Unknown configuration parameter "pollrcvdcmd" ignored at line 31").

notifycmd - listed with [2] (indicating it should be in both files). Not accepted by faxgetty ("FaxGetty[26681]: Unknown configuration parameter "notifycmd" ignored at line 34")

These scare me because I don't know if there exist additional errors in the documentation resulting in configuration settings being silently ignored. Can anyone comment? If this list is straightforwardly generated some other way (ie. from some tables in the source), I might be inclined to do that to verify.

PollRcvdCmd and NotifyCmd are for faxsend and not for faxgetty. That's why faxgetty ignores them. But the man page is correct, and those parameters do belong in the modem device config files.