Re: [hylafax-users] Using HylaFAX with answering machine on same line

My thinking is that the answering machine would pick up the line first.   The modem (via HylaFAX) would have to be configured to pick up after the same number of rings and passivly 'listen' for the cng tones.  Hmmm the problem here is that the answering machine would record the FAX...I have to think more about this...
Thank you!
John

Michael Stowe wrote:
Hello:
I've been using HylaFAX with RH9 on a dedicated phone line for a while
with no problems.  My situation has changed in that I now need to share
a phone line with an voice answering machine.

So...  What picks up the phone?

If the modem picks it up and determines that it's a voice call, what next?
 Hang up?

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions