Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax installation after hDD crash

Hi folks,

Problem is already solved.
I couldn't get faxgetty to work. I added a line in inittab and I typed the path wrong. Instead of
'fax', I typed 'gax'.

But...Now everything is up and running I tested the faxserver.
Now I have the strange problem when I send a fax, that it will be recieved 3 times by the reciever.
If I send 4 pages, the reciever gets the fax 3 times, but only the first page.
If I send 1 page, the reciever gets the fax 3 times.

My log says:

unable to transmit page (giving up after 3 attempts); giving up after 3 attempts to send same page

any help is appreciated

Best Regards,
Roland de Lepper
------------------------------
Senior MIS engineer.
Lite-On IT BV
Meerenakkerplein 16
5652 BJ Eindhoven
The Netherlands
E-Mail : roland_lepper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel   : +31-(0)40-2508086

                      Roland_Lepper@Liteoni
                      t.com                        To:       hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                     cc:
                      hylafax-users-bounce@        Subject:  [hylafax-users] hylafax installation after hDD crash
                      hylafax.org

                      28/06/2006 13:12

Hi,

I had Hylafax working on a Suse 10 machine.
After a hdd crash, I installed a new one and configured hylafax as I did before.
The strange thing is, that it doesn't work now. I installed the following packages:

1. hylafax
2. capi
3. mgetty
4. all ghostscrips
5. hylafax-client
6. susefax
7. whfc

I installed everything with Yast.

There have to be a file in /var/spool.fax/status called ttyS0. I don't have this file in there.
Cat should say 'Running and idle', but cat says that ttyS0 is not in that directory.
Also faxstat only say 'Running' and not 'Running and idle'.

Please help

Best Regards,
Roland de Lepper