Re: [hylafax-users] no devices showing in faxstat

Peter Verhoeven wrote:

This is my second time round installing a hylafax setup, this time with Digi Acceleport Xp board with 8 modems.

Hylafax runs ok, the Digi drivers are installed (I’m running Mandrake), faxaddmodem talks to the modems fine, I’ve edited inittab for each device (ttyG0_00 -> ttyG0_07), but when I do faxstat I just get “HylaFAX scheduler on localhost: Running”, but not the normal list of Modems with each status.

You need to make symlinks to those devices and use the symlinks instead of the actual devices themselves. HylaFAX interprets the "_" in the device name to mean that it's a subdirectory marker... so it thinks that ttyG0_00 is /dev/ttyG0/00.