Re: [hylafax-users] FaxNotify, no attachements at all

joea (joea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

So, now, on a "failed" job I did get a PDF attachment (readable, even!) but do not get one on "re-queued" and such. I have all lines unplugged now, so I'm getting a lot of reques and a failure after 12 tries.

The image attachment intentionally does not occur on requeued and blocked (and a couple of other rather rare types of) notifications - on the idea that people only really wanted the image attached when the job was no longer going to be reattempted (or in the rare cases where the image file may very well not be convertable). Do you think that they should be there on all notifications?

I did see, earlier, that in setup.cache, MIMENCODE was set to mimencode, that does not exist on my system. Could not find that binary, so changed it to uuencode. Is that 'meaningful and correct'?

No. MIMENCODE=/usr/bin/uuencode is only going to give you more grief. mimencode and uuencode work differently enough that they needed different routines to use them.