Re: [hylafax-users] FaxNotify, no attachements at all

Lee Howard<faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Boldly Declared: 5/29/2006 4:33 PM:
> joea (joea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>
>>So, now, on a "failed" job I did get a PDF attachment (readable, even!) but
>>So, do not get one on "re-queued" and such. I have all lines unplugged now,
>>So, so I'm getting a lot of reques and a failure after 12 tries.
>>

> The image attachment intentionally does not occur on requeued and
> blocked (and a couple of other rather rare types of) notifications - on
> the idea that people only really wanted the image attached when the job
> was no longer going to be reattempted (or in the rare cases where the
> image file may very well not be convertable).  Do you think that they
> should be there on all notifications?

No, not really. I think it is correct as is.  Maybe offer it as an option, but
I cannot see that it has much value.

>>I did see, earlier, that in setup.cache, MIMENCODE was set to mimencode,
>>I that does not exist on my system.  Could not find that binary, so changed
>>I it to uuencode.  Is that 'meaningful and correct'?
>>

> No.  MIMENCODE=/usr/bin/uuencode is only going to give you more grief.
> mimencode and uuencode work differently enough that they needed
> different routines to use them.
>
> Lee.

So, where can I find mimencode? It is not in my system.  I googled a bit and found this offer:

http://www.infocopter.com/know-how/hylafax/mimencode.php

Safe bet?

joea