Re: [hylafax-users] FaxNotify, no attachements at all

Lee Howard<faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Boldly Declared: 5/29/2006 3:29 PM:
> joea (joea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>
>>Sorry to return to this subject, but, my last problem seems to be that on
>>Sorry failed sent fax
>>(or any result, for that matter,) I get an email to the expected place, with
>>(or expected
>>information, but no attachment, of any type.
>>
>>I have created a FaxNotify file and it contains"
>>##################
>>NOTIFY_FAXMASTER=errors;
>>RETURNFILETYPE=pdf;
>>##################
>>
>>I gather this should work?  Is a stop/start required?
>>

> Yes, that should work to send a PDF attachment of the sent-fax image
> along with the notification message.  If you get a notification message
> but no attachment, then check the permissions on FaxNotify and check
> that your MIMENCODE, UUENCODE, and ENCODING settings in etc/setup.cache
> (as produced by faxsetup) contain meaningful, correct settings.
>
> Lee.

Thanks.  I had just resorted to running FaxNotify "by hand" and was astonished to see that permission
was denied?  Hmm, machines in revolt yet again.  Checked a few files and made permissions correct.

So, now, on a "failed" job I did get a PDF attachment (readable, even!) but do not get one on "re-queued" and such. I have all lines unplugged now, so I'm getting a lot of reques and a failure after 12 tries.

I guess I should be satisfied with success and not attempt to gild the lilly, as it is said.

I did see, earlier, that in setup.cache, MIMENCODE was set to mimencode, that does not exist on my system.  Could not find that binary, so changed it to uuencode.  Is that 'meaningful and correct'?

joea