Re: [hylafax-users] Fedora Core 5 RPM

Dimitrios wrote:

lets be honest, looking at the hylafax project on sourceforge we even see similar version numbers.

Exactly. 4.3.0.3 tells the user that it is the 3rd release of HylaFAX code that is beyond what is (or, as in the case of 4.3.0.1/2, what will be) 4.3.0. It's very similar to what various distributions do in naming their releases hylafax-4.3.0-5 and so forth. Do they add patches and bugfixes and features? Yes they do. Is it still HylaFAX? Yes. Is it still worthy of being numbered the way it is? Yes.

Really, there no is no deception intended at all. Those that are seeing deception seem to be actively looking for it. I've never gotten an e-mail from a HylaFAX user that got it from Sourceforge send me an e-mail and say, "Hey man, this is not HylaFAX, and this 4.3.0.3 version is nothing like version 4.3.0."

If you're feeling deceived by, perhaps, downloading and installing 4.3.0 and then finding out that there is another version out there (4.3.0.x) that has more features and bugfixes... well, I can certainly understand that. The remedy to that should be apparent.

Feel free to continue this thread as you please, but let's consider this my last post in it. I think that I've already been clear enough.

Thanks,