Re: [hylafax-users] Fedora Core 5 RPM

On Wed, 24 May 2006, Lee Howard wrote:
There were two main reasons why I set up http://hylafax.sourceforge.net:

1) Darren had already announced that the hylafax.org website was going to be scrapped and replaced with a community-documentation project. I wanted to preserve some of the the valuable content on the website, most noteably the How-To that I had spent a lot of time working on over the years - and which still is, I believe, the most straight-forward documentation for newbies to get HylaFAX installed and running in a time-cost-effective manner.

Thanks for this post and the clear explanation of the differences. Indeed the HOWTO is 10x better than the documentation as found on hylafax.org. Some basic essential stuff just isn't in the docs on hf.org

4.1.6), or document my every code development on Bugzilla... mostly because all of that seems like a waste of time... time that I would much rather be spending working on other valuable projects... time that has given rise to things like IAXmodem.

I've only just put IAXmodem into production and am already very pleased with the results :)

Of course I am biased, but I truly do believe that the code found at sourceforge is better-maintained than that at hylafax.org. My clientelle really do need the things there... things like FaxAccounting, non-interactive faxsetup and faxaddmodem, attention to batching, server-side job resubmissions, and setting oubound Caller*ID (to name a few things there). The releases there are always run in full production use (tens of thousands of fax pages handled daily) before they ever are released.

Too bad (for Hylafax) the codebases aren't merged. I'll give your version a try tomorrow.

Thanks for releasing your work!

Cheers!
Remco