[hylafax-users] Waiting for modem to come ready...

Hi Everybody,

I installed lately Hylafax on my Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0 and used it to send faxes via an external serial USR modem. However, a couple of weeks ago, the faxstat command gave me this output "/dev/ttyS0 Waiting for modem to come ready...", and I cannot send faxes anymore. I don't know what happened and created this problem.

I read the list archive, and tried the command faxmodem but without any success. I even uninstalled and then reinstalled the modem, and still no success. ATDT command is working fine with the modem (through minicom).

Does anyone, have any idea?

Fady

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions