[hylafax-users] Starting points

I need to have received FAX converted to PDF.  What I've found so far is way too general for me, at this point.

I need a reasonably full featured client.  Preferably, free.  Or inexpensive.

Here is the general scenario:

A single user would be responsible to look at the received FAX queue, from time to time, or as alerted, and would forward the FAX's to individual users email address as PDF attachment, but any user should be able to do this.

Alternatively, the FAX could be, automatically, converted to PDF, and forwarded to as single users mailbox, to be dealt with manually.

All users need to be able to FAX PDF's, as a file,  or from Acrobat or Word.  The former concerns me, but I think the latter is no problem, using a "FAX printer".  The clients are windows, BTW.

Individual senders need to be informed when their sent FAX fails.  I think that requires that users be defined "in hylafax".  I'd prefer to do this via LDAP/PAM, but find no real chewy starting points in the docs.

Some one give me a push?  Preferably not off a cliff, thank you.  I no longer fly well.

joea