Re: [hylafax-users] can use help upgrading....

Hello Robert,
Thank you for your reply.
Indeed I have been doing research and reading at the hylafax.org site.
I am reluctant to mess with the existing box because it is a production
machine and am concerned about fudging the system up.
The root of the problem I am attempting to address at the moment has to
do with incoming calls/faxes being dropped.  The computer has an eight
line modem board, and the incoming calls are configured as a hunt group
with a primary toll-free 800 number (US).  The thing is, the problem is
intermittent.
I had read something at the hylafax site regarding a bug in versions
prior to 4.2.5 which seemed similar to the issue I am working on and
thought I may be able to resolve the problem by simply upgrading the fax
server software.
I have a Windows machine with Virtual Server installed which I can use
to experiment with, and have purchased a copy of SUSE Linux professional
(I think it's 10.0).  With that in mind, it seems the only thing I am
missing for the moment is a modem board.  In any event, this will take
some time to ramp-up and I am under a bit of pressure to get my current
problem resolved.
What I am thinking is to image the computer in it's current state, and
then try an upgrade.  If it goes badly I can always re-image the
machine.  Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Barry