Re: [hylafax-users] can use help upgrading....

On Thu, 11 May 2006 10:56:41 -0700 "Oxenberg, Barry" <boxenberg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What I am thinking is to image the computer in it's current state, and
> then try an upgrade.  If it goes badly I can always re-image the
> machine.  Any thoughts?

I believe thats one of the best options. I've done this trick many times and it always works, if something goes bad you just reinstall the original copy of the system.

Just a warning: create an image and then try to load it, i've seen many buggy software that cause problems when installing the image (bad drivers, can't find harddrive, can't read image due to unknown reasons, etc) because you may end up with a backup thats useless!