Re: [hylafax-users] How do I avoid annoying real people?

* Mike <list@xxxxxxxxxxx> [060504 12:23]:

> How can I make HylaFax recognize that a NO CARRIER response is a fatal error
> and to stop retrying?  I`ve used the -t 1 switch, which means "retry once",
> but unfortunately this doesnt work.  I can`t just say "redial once" because
> in that case even busy numbers will be considered like a fatal error.
>
> How do you approach this?

Mike,

Look in to the JobRetry* paramaters in the hylafax-config man page.

Something like:
	JobRetryNoCarrier: 0
in $SPOOL/etc/config.<device> should make any NO CARRIER fail with no
further attempts, as long as a fax machine hasn't been seen by HylaFAX
there previously.

Note that if HylaFAX *has* successfully previously seen a fax machine at
that number, then it will try again.  The "seen a fax machine before" is
recorded in the info database (see man hylafax-info), so you can remove
it if you find a number has been re-assinged and no longer has a fax
where it once did.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103