[hylafax-users] How do I avoid annoying real people?

Hello,

I`ve been using HylaFax with the  sendfax command, and as far as I can tell its working fine.  Unfortunately, when I do make a typo and call a real person (or the fax number given to me is wrong) the fax tries, and tries again until I get an angry call back.

How can I make HylaFax recognize that a NO CARRIER response is a fatal error and to stop retrying?  I`ve used the -t 1 switch, which means "retry once", but unfortunately this doesnt work.  I can`t just say "redial once" because in that case even busy numbers will be considered like a fatal error.

How do you approach this?

I am using a USR Sportster 33.6k external (serial) set with class 1 capability.

Mike

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions