Re: [hylafax-users] Fudged Fax/Corrupt Pages

Suraj Jadhav wrote:

When I am sending FAX on efax number the faxes received in efax mailbox are getting received in corrupt format as in if I send 6 pages one page out of that is getting corrupted. I tried sending the same fax on normal fax machine and it did come proper. What I want to know is does this happen always with efax or this is happening in my case only? I am using following configuration on my server -

Redhat - 2.6.9-5.EL i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
US Robotics Analog Modem
hylafax-4.2.5-1rhel4.i386.rpm

There have been changes to the way the EOFB signal in MMR images is constructed. These changes are in the hylafax.org repository now as well as in the sourceforge repository. These changes are in the latest 4.3.0rcX pre-release at hylafax.org and are in 4.3.0.2 at hylafax.sourceforge.net.

There also was a change that I made in the sourceforge repository that seemed to address this matter for Brother receivers in at least some cases...

 * change Class 1 ECM sending behavior when retransmitting a single
  frame to avoid triggering problems on some receivers (20 Apr 2006)

This change is in 4.3.0.2. So if you can, please try 4.3.0.2 and let me know how you fare.

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/news/4.3.0.2.php

Thanks,