Re: [hylafax-users] faxsend wrap script

Lorenzo Fascì wrote:

I need to change the LocalIdentifier for outgoing faxes
I created a script that calls faxsend
/usr/sbin/faxsend $@ -c "LocalIdentifier:Lorenzo Fascì"

it works well but only Lorenzo  is displayed not
Lorenzo Fascì.

Because of the way that faxsend works to parse the -c options (using readConfigItem internal code function) you have to present a config string to the internal parser just as it would have been presented if it had read it from the config file. The shell is going to strip those quotation marks that you have in your call, so you're going to need escaped quotation marks in addition, like this:

/usr/sbin/faxsend $@ -c "LocalIdentifier:\"Lorenzo Fasci\""

Note that I did not use "ì", but instead used "i" ... that is because the former is not valid in LocalIdentifier.

Can I only change a single parameter or more ?

You can change more with multiple -c options.

/usr/sbin/faxsend $@ -c param:value -c param:value

in /var/log/messages I find

Could not open request file "FAXNumber:0508332008"

This happened because you did not precede "FAXNumber:0508332008" with "-c".

what is the correct syntax for -c ?

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/faxsend.php