From: Lee Howard [mailto:faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, 17 March 2006 14:14
To: Tinsley, Rod
Cc: 'hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Partial page received by Brother Fax
machine

Tinsley, Rod wrote:

>We have a small number of clients that complain about getting partial
pages.
>Resending the fax usually works fine. Hylafax doesn't seem to complain
about
>a failure but it does acknowledge the partial page (SEND recv PPR appear in
>attached log). As Hylafax doesn't think it failed it doesn't resend and I'm
>now getting annoyed clients. The only thing I can find common is that the
>receiving fax is a Brother but not the same version.

There are a couple of fixes found in HylaFAX 4.2.5.5 that were developed
to address this problem...

* fix EOFB on the end of MMR images, which should address
  a variety of sending issues related with MMR data (28, 30 Jan 2006)

I don't have a concrete answer one way or another from those who have
reported this problem in the past whether or not the fixes here fixed
things for them.  (The fixes are valid fixes, but whether or not they
address the problem at hand, is uncertain.)  Reports were positive, but
usually the reporters went silent, and I didn't hear back from them much
one way or the other to conclude whether or not these fixes actually
remedied the problem that they (and you) reported.

So, my suggestion is to try HylaFAX 4.2.5.5
(http://hylafax.sourceforge.net) and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

This email and any attachments are confidential. They may contain legally privileged information or copyright material. You should not read, copy, use or disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact us at once by return email and then delete the original message and all copies. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment.