Re: [hylafax-users] QualifyCID - QualifyCIDex

Declan Shanaghy wrote:

Here I was about to setup QualifyCID on my system only to discover that it

screens calls based on the number the call is coming **from**.

I would like to screen calls based on the number the fax is being sent **to**, is this possible?

This was the point of the recent development activity that began with QualifyCID-Ex and ended up obsoleting QualifyCID with a DynamicConfig "RejectCall" feature. This new feature should let you do all sorts of exotic things with call screening.

Without this new feature and with an AT-command-response modem you could screen all calls to certain DIDs if you arranged your CallIDPatterns just right. But you wouldn't be able to screen some calls to certain DIDs (say, perform QualifyCID only for certain DIDs) because DyanmicConfig was in the wrong place to accomplish that. It's all good with the new way.

Lee,

I realize I could use your QualifyCIDex patch for this but im not comfortable applying a patch

to this system because it is Hylafax enterprise distribution.

Will QualifyCID-ex be included in a subsequent release of Hylafax enterprise?

I'm not at all involved with iFAX's Enterprise Edition, so I can't say. I suspect that Darren has already answered this to you, though.