Re: [hylafax-users] high %age of international faxes fail

Declan Shanaghy wrote:

Its probably overkill to send complete error logs.

Perhaps, but just sending me the error message does not help, either.

The usual errors fall in a wide range

Invalid response to MPS
DCS sent 3 times without response
No carrier detected
COMREC error in transmit
COMREC invalid command response
Failure to train at 2400
Unspecified Transmit Phase B/C
No response to EOP repeat

I have even seen "No carrier detected" and used a regular fax machine with no problems afterwards.

Some of these look like Class 2 errors... are you running in Class 2 or Class 1? If you're running in Class 2 switching to Class 1 should help.