Re: [hylafax-users] DID/DNIS Solution

Josh wrote:

I've been searching the lists and haven't been able to
find a solid answer on DID/DNIS support in HylaFax. From what I've read it looks like it is supported but
requires work arounds??

DID/NDIS is handled by HylaFAX provided your modem has some means of getting that information.

In reference to the following post:
http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2002-08/msg00137.php

Ah, it brings back memories. I'd word that post much differently now.

We have the PRI line installed and are looking at
purchasing the Diva Server PRI/T1-24
(http://www.eicon.com/worldwide/products/MediaGateways/disvt1pri.htm).

The other tried-and-true option is the Patton 2977. There is also an "experimental" option using Digium hardware and IAXmodem that is working for me and some of my customers on a somewhat limited deployment.

Can anyone offer any tips or advice on the
patches/work-arounds to get DID/DNIS routing
setup/working?  Sample configs/scripts?

First off, read the bottom of:

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/using.php#ss3.6

The DID is signalled to the modem in some way that HylaFAX really doesn't care too much about. Then the modem will relay that information to HylaFAX, often the same as it does with Caller*ID information. Then that information is passed on in the form of a CALLID value to the FaxDispatch script.