Re: [hylafax-users] Routing by destination

JoHo wrote:

Which field/macro/content can I check in the various scripts like
faxrcvd and FaxDispatch to determine TO which number the fax was sent?

Normally you catch DID with a CallIDPattern setting your modem config file. Then that CALLID value is passed off to faxrcvd/FaxDispatch. And you'd use that CALLID value to determine to which number the fax was sent.

I realize not all calls will have this information

If you have DID service from your telco (e.g. on a PRI digital line or with analog DID) then you should always get DID.

I can see it in
the log file for each fax

Please identify what you're seeing. Show us the log snippit.

What I want to do is to route the fax to different mailboxes depending
on to where it was sent.

It's called DID, and it has been discussed many times on this list. It requires that you have either a digital line, such as a PRI or some other kind of ISDN connection, or that you have an analog DID line, or alternatively, that you're behind some PBX or other telephony switching equipment that can pass the DID to the modem via DTMF after it picks up the call.

So you generally need to figure out which services are available to you, and choose from them.