Re: [hylafax-users] Modem faxCAPI (+49.00.00000): No status (cannot open file)

Am 2006.02.07 10:33 schrieb(en) Mauri:

I installed the hylafax but when I have to add a modem how can
identify the Diva Server installed on the server?
I mean with an external modem using serial1 I use faxaddmodem ttyS0,
but the Diva Server is not a serial device what type of tty I have to put in configuration?

Hello Maurizio,

I don't have a Eicon card, but according to other postings these cards seem to provide tty interfaces like /dev/ttyds01. (Currently there are threads "Test Eicon/Modem at lower speeds" and "Sending multiple faxes simultaneously with eicon diva 4BRI")

If the card has a CAPI interface it may be possible to use capi4hylafax. This replaces faxgetty and faxsend and uses only the spooler part of Hylafax.

capi4hylafax is an invention of AVM so maybe it's optimized for AVM's CAPI implementation. I would prefer the tty interface provided by Eicon.