Re: [hylafax-users] Routing based on called number with Eicon BRI

Lee Howard wrote:

Jehan PROCACCIA wrote:

By the way, How can I check that my modem is capable of retrieving Caller ID ?
In minicom when I call the modem, I only see :
OK

RING

RING

You would need to refer to your modem manual, but try "AT+VCID=1" and if that doesn't work "AT#CID=1". You also need to have Caller*ID service provided to you by your telco.

Lee.

Thanks, I tried that, unfortunalty it doesn't show more information :-( , probably that my telco doesn't support it , unfortunaltly telco techicians here cannot tell me , they just said that I have an analog line without the "class" protocol support, I suppose it means I will never be able to get that information, unless the autocom is upgraded ? or maybe I should investigate in gOCR techonolgy to try to scan the top line image data where the dialed # appears ...

minicom com2
AT S7=45 S0=0 L1 V1 X4 &c1 E1 Q0
OK
AT+VCID=1