Re: [hylafax-users] 4.2.5.1 and FreeBSD 6 compile problem

Omer Faruk Sen wrote:

It seems that there is no problem with the one in hylafax.org. Just
donwloaded and compiled it. I have also tried 4.2.4.2 sub-release from
hylafax.sf.net but that didn't compile too. But the error was on some
where different from 4.2.5.1...

The HylaFAX sources at hylafax.sf.net are maintained with the "adopt early, release quickly and frequently" philosophy. I take contributions from the HylaFAX Bugzilla and other resources, including all of my own development work, and test it as far as I can and commit it to the CVS repository there. If someone finds a bug that impedes functionality (like in this case) then as soon as it's fixed I cut a new release. If some new feature is available that people are requesting that I would like to futher exposure then I cut a release.

In this case I'm suspecting that the problem lies in some Solaris DSO development work that is occurring on the HylaFAX Bugzilla bug 291... since it's really the only patch that's altering the build process for faxd/faxApp.c++ at all.

I understand that this may be frustrating for you, trying to get the DestControls "job owner" feature usable. Rest assured that we'll (or just me if nobody else helps) get to the bottom of the issue quickly, and you'll be able to proceed. Meanwhile, your usage of the sources at hylafax.sf.net has proven useful for the rest of the community in that you've been the catalyst to getting a problem fixed... a problem that would have otherwise remained unnoticed for months.

I'm a big fan of a faster development cycle... which is why I have spearheaded the work at hylafax.sf.net.

Thanks,