Re: [hylafax-users] multiport modem and user based grouping

Omer Faruk Sen wrote:

I have one more question. The user that is defined in:
.* owner=omer modem=ttyS0
.* owner=lee modem=ttyS0

can be used like that?

Yes.

What I mean can I assign more than one user to the
same line.

No. You can only put one owner option per entry.

By the way the users defined here mail users or the ones that
is defined in etc/hosts. If these users are etc/hosts users there is a
mapping between mail users (say omer@xxxxxxxxxx) and etc/hosts users.

Sorry if this question is silly but I am new to hylafax..

In your faxmail call there is a "-u" option. This is the value that gets translated into "owner". Yes, they're the same ones that are in etc/hosts.hfaxd.