Re: [hylafax-users] faxstat -s shows state of T

* Peter Halliday <hoangelos@xxxxxxxxx> [060104 09:36]:
> I have never seen this before.  I have like 20-30 faxes that seem to me to
> be stuck in the T state.  I do not know this for sure.  However, I have
> never seen faxes in the T state ever.  When I checked yesterday I saw them.
> I read the manual and it looked to me like they would just go away.  Today
> they are still there.  Any ideas?

Jobs in the "T" state are "state_suspended".  That means that they are
jobs, but that faxq is *not* scheduling them.  They will stay in the
suspended state forever, until they are "unsuspended".

The suspended state is a natural progression state used by hfaxd when
it's creating/working on jobs that faxq shouldn't be scheduling yet.  If
things are operating completely successfully, hfaxd, after it
creates/changes a job, "submits" it to faxq, which changes it's state
from suspended to active, or waiting, etc.

As Darren mentioned, you can "re-activate" them with a faxalter -p.
This instructs hfaxd to "change" the job (set it's SENDTIME to now)
after which it re-submits the job to faxq.

Note that in normal operation, hfaxd will not leave a job in suspended
state.  So those jobs in the suspended state may possibly have something
wrong with them (having not been completely created or something) which
means that pushing them with faxalter doesn't guarantee to make them
valid sending jobs...

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 438-4638 x8103