Re: [hylafax-users] problems to send faxes to European ISDN-fax/phone

Hi Chris,
in europe you normally get a couple of MSNs together with the ISDN line (and you even get a couple more if you want).
So usually we use a different phone number for the fax machine.

In the early days of ISDN there were fax machines called "group 4" which were digitally connected with 64kbit/s but they seem to be vanished since they were quite expensive and not always compatible with the existing "group 3" faxes. These fax machines were capable of detecting an incoming fax by it's service flag.
In "group 3" everything looks like "voice" and there's no way to determine upfront if it's a person or a machine calling.

So all in all: ask for the correct phone number - people with digital lines usually spend a dedicated one to their fax.

Regards,
uwe

hchris@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

I have installed hylafax on a server in United States and I am sending the faxes with regulare modems on a T1.
Whenever I send a fax to an ISDN-number in Germany and there are phone AND fax on the line, they get a ring on the phone and not the fax. Same problem with computer-fax-machines.

Is there a solution to get connected to the fax on a ISDN Line?

best regards
Chris