Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax web interface

Lee Howard ha scritto:

Nicola Murino wrote:

I see a patch for hylafax 4.1.5 on list archives,

I'm not sure to what you refer. hylalog? I've never used it.

Yes I refer to hylalog

To-date I've not had a customer approach me about needing MySQL integration with HylaFAX. (I do support many installations of open-source HylaFAX for businesses, so I don't think that every enterprise needs this feature.)

This is right, only some enterprise need database support, you can share incoming fax by samba and you can print every incoming fax,

you can also create a mail to fax gateway, here is the configuration for postfix (my preferred MTA):

master.cf:

fax       unix  -       n       n       -       1       pipe
 flags= user=fax argv=/usr/bin/faxmail -d -s -n ${user}

transport:

fax.domain.com fax:localhost

main.cf:

fax_destination_recipient_limit = 1

However in my company every incoming and outgoing fax have a protocol number, also the notification have a protocol number as you can see this activity is time consuming, fortunately we receive only few fax per day,

however if hylafax would be able to keep track of every operation and give a simple interface to search the things would be very simple. I think the best way to do this is using some sorts of database

if isn't a commercial question and if as you say is simple to add Mysql calls to hylafax code why you don't include db support in main hylafax tree?

Again, for my part I've just never had a customer approach me about doing that work, and it really hasn't been something that I've been desireous to pursue in my hobby-time, instead having devoted most of that time to getting Class 1 protocol rock-solid and adding protocol features that do benefit my customer base.

you do this great! Class 1 protocol is more than rock-solid, I have an ancient modem that works very well!

Thanks a lot for this, hylafax is without doubs the best open source tool to manage fax

I think db make more simple query and search. Database support make also more simple build web interfaces. I think this features can improve hylafax, however this is only my opinion.

I do not disagree.

This mean that hylafax 5 will support mysql or postgres?

I search on the web and I find also some patch from gofax to add ldap support to hylafax. So also gofax guys think some sort of db supportis important for hylafax.

You'd have to provide me the reference to say for certain, but I think that the LDAP support was for client authentication purposes. We've since accomodated LDAP authentication via PAM. Again, I do not disagree that this things are important.

You are right LDAP is for client authentication and not for store fax information

Thanks for your answers and explainations,

Nicola