Re: [hylafax-users] Half a cover page

Am 2005.10.28 12:27 schrieb(en) Jaap Winius:

For instance, with the default Hylafax cover page that comes with
Debian, the comments section (the message body) starts about three
quarters down on the cover page. As a result, if the message being
sent isn't too long, no second page is sent. This is good.

But, how did they do that? All of my efforts have resulted in a full
cover page, with much of it left blank, and the message body starting
at the top of the second page.

Hello Jaap,

how did you create the cover page?

The faxcover program does not automatically use blank space on the cover page but relies on PostScript code that prints the comments on this space.

The default cover page on Debian seems to be created directly in PostScript. You can look at it and modify it as you like. It's easy to understand (if you know some PostScript), not like a document created by a printer driver or conversion program.

How do you submit your fax jobs and what do you mean with "message body"?

I don't think Hylafax itself has a mechanism to continue the comments on a second page if it doesn't fit on the cover page.
Your message will either be printed as comments on the cover page (and truncated if it does not fit) or as your real document following the cover page.

Bodo