Re: [hylafax-users] [hylafax-announce] **ANNOUNCE** hylafax-4.2.2 released

Lee Howard typed (on Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 03:36:35PM -0700):
| Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
|
| >OK, so how does one do this?  Sendfax normally schedules for immediate
| >transmission.  Is this feature useful only by using the -a flag of
| >sendmail, and scheduling all of my faxes to 3334445555 to go at 07:00PM?
|
| If you wanted to coordinate a batch, then yes, you would submit all jobs
| with the same time-to-send "sendfax -a".
|
| As far as this being it's only "usefulness", I don't think that's the case.
|
| The original intent behind batching was to help ease the burden of
| getting jobs through to busy receivers.
|
| So let's say that I regularly (every 30 minutes or so) send faxes to a
| desination where the destination is frequently busy.  Let's say that no
| faxes get through for over an hour.  So now I've got two or three jobs
| sitting in the queue.  When a call finally gets through to the
| destination I want to capitalize on the opportunity and have all of
| those jobs that are in the queue to that destination go through at
| once.  If I hang up and call back for the next job chances are that
| someone else's call will beat me to it by the time my next job stops
| sleeping.
|
| Batching is going to be quicker and thus save on toll costs... so that's
| another use.
|
| Batching helps get jobs to busy desinations, thus slowing down the
| processing of the queue, out of the way... thus getting the other jobs
| to their final resting places sooner, too.

Well I sort of did understand the benefits of making fewer calls to the
same destination, but how does it happen?

Other then the 'sendfax -a' method, how do I put batching into effect?

Or will HylaFax just do it automagically when it sees several jobs for
the same number sitting in the send queue?

--
JP