Re: [hylafax-users] Brand incoming faxes with time, CID etc.

Am 2005.07.26 13:54 schrieb(en) Mona Meyer:
I apologize in advance for asking again, but does somebody know, how I can add my own tag line to incoming faxes? I want to brand the faxes with the caller's ID, time etc.

Hello Mona,

Hylafax cannot do this.
The modem adds the tag line.

You can use some image processing programs to modify the received document in the faxrcvd script as you like.

Example:
split the multi-page tiff into single page files using "tiffsplit"
for every page:
convert tiff file with "tifftopnm"
cut off a few lines with "pnmcut"
generate a PBM/PPM file with the tag line, maybe by converting a
PostScript file
cut this tag line image with "pnmcut" if necessary
combine the images with "pnmcat"
convert the image to tiff with "pnmtotiff"
combine the modified single-page files to a multi-page file using "tiffcp"

It would be easier to add a header page to the received file instead of modifying all pages:

generate a single-page TIFF file with your header information, maybe by converting a PostScript file
combine the header page with the received fax document using "tiffcp"

Bodo