Re: [hylafax-users] sendfax "Can not open file"

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, Duncan Turnbull <duncan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I probably wasn't clear.

No you weren't.

> Hylafax is seeing "target" as the number to dial and user@... as the
> reference to the file to send. Its the user part of user@123456789 that goes
> onto the cover sheet. The parameter for -d needs to be a single value with
> no spaces.

Not according to the man page for sendfax where it clearly says of the -d
option

"If the destination is of the form ``user@phone-number'' then any cover
page will show user as the intended receipient."

> So it thinks you have told it to send the files user@123456789 and
> fax-test.ps to the number target

You might be correct but that would violate the documented use of the -d
option as above. Also doesn't explain why when I used the -c option, as
mentioned in the original report, part of the argument is used in the
error message. Same with the -r option. Also the -f option but that wasn't
mentioned in the original report.

> Thus when it tries to open user@123456789 as the 1st file to send then it
> can't and you get a cannot open file error

If that's the case then the error reporting functions of HylaFAX are
crap.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!