Re: [hylafax-users] for those who wish to fax MS Word docs...

This has been an interesting thread. I'm actually in the process of
setting up a web->fax interface that would convert .doc files to .pdf
and .ps for fax via hylafax. The soffice solution works well, the
documents rendered are pretty accurate in terms of formatting.
Openoffice does a pretty good job at converting them.  The only
problem is that the -pt flag is SLOW. It takes at least 30 seconds per
file to print them to .pdf.   That's really not feasible if you're
going to have any kind of volume.

Also, rather than using openoffice with the -pt flags, you can write a
macro to convert to .pdf. There are a few out there, but I haven't had
any luck getting them to compile.

Cheers,

--
Tom Hayden