Re: [hylafax-users] for those who wish to fax MS Word docs...

HylaFSP is a very nice product in itself. One thing it does is use the
Microsoft rendering software to generate the tiff image and that isn't
anywhere near as robust as are the tools such as ps2tiff furnished with
Linux.

For this reason I would recommend going another route where the Word
document is printed first to a postscript file then sent to HylaFAX via
samba, e-mail, or with HylaFAX's built in FTP protocol. I agree, doing Word
conversion with OO is not going to be very reliable.