Re: [hylafax-users] notify

Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:

Is it possible, please. for CVS downloads to bear changing Version
strings?

Just edit the VERSION file in the root directory of the source to whatever version you like. I don't think that CVS has a way to make that say the date or something like that, but maybe I'm wrong. The CVS snapshots are just that: snapshots. They could be edited, I guess, but they're not.

The binaries I just built from the latest source code still bear "4.2.1"
inside the binary.

4.2.1 is about as accurate as it can get. It's not 4.2.2, and it's not 4.2.1, but it's somewhere in-between.

It would also be nice to have a flag to display the
version for any or all of the Hylafax binaries, instead of having to run
the "strings" command.

You should always re-run faxsetup after any upgrade. Then, when you run 'faxstat -i' it will tell you everything that you've ever wanted to know about your build.