Re: [hylafax-users] notify

Darren Nickerson typed (on Tue, May 03, 2005 at 05:30:34PM -0400):
| "Jen-Pierre Radley" <jpr@xxxxxxx>:
|

| >Why, under 4.2.1, are there both a notify and a notify-4.1 in the
| >.../spool/hylafax/bin directory?
|
| The notify script was totally rewritten for 4.2.x (from awk/sed to mostly
| shell). We kept notify-4.1 in there as a courtesy to anyone who may have
| been unable to switch to the new notification scheme because of integration
| issues with other software they may have written 'around' HylaFAX.

Here's my real problem.  I've got 4.2.1 running on my own site and
several customers' sites, no particular problem except that one
customer's users never get a failure notification.

The binaries were all compiled on my OSR 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 machines.
One difference between my site or the sites where the notification does
occur and the customer where it does not is that the latter site runs
the SCO-supplied sendmail, whereas all the others instead run smail.

--
JP