Re: [hylafax-users] notify

Lee Howard typed (on Tue, May 03, 2005 at 02:41:41PM -0700):
| Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
|
| >Here's my real problem.  I've got 4.2.1 running on my own site and
| >several customers' sites, no particular problem except that one
| >customer's users never get a failure notification.
| >
| >The binaries were all compiled on my OSR 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 machines.
| >One difference between my site or the sites where the notification does
| >occur and the customer where it does not is that the latter site runs
| >the SCO-supplied sendmail, whereas all the others instead run smail.
| >

| Turn up the logging on faxq (ServerTracing in
| /var/spool/hylafax/config), then look at the server logs for notify
| calls.  Maybe the logs will say.  Maybe they won't.  If they don't, then
| run the command as it is shown in the logs by hand from the HylaFAX
| spool directory.

Well, I'm getting these errors:

	bin/notify "doneq/q111076" "failed" "1:30"
	mawk: line 37: regular expression compile failed (missing
	operand)
	*
	printf: : Invalid argument (error 22)
	printf: : Invalid argument (error 22)
	printf: : Invalid argument (error 22)
	No recipient addresses found in header

If I change setup.cache to use awk instead of mawk:

	awk: error compiling regular expression /*/: *?+ not preceded by valid
	expression
	 source line 37 of program <<
	    function p(var ... >>
	 context is
				  >>>  gsub("*","",status) <<< ;
	printf: : Invalid argument (error 22)
	printf: : Invalid argument (error 22)
	printf: : Invalid argument (error 22)
	No recipient addresses found in header

I can't figure out which line 37 of which file. :-(

Exactly the same binary of mawk is running on my sites that do send
notifications as on the problem site where I'm getting those errors.

--
JP