Re: [hylafax-users] email2fax gateway question...

Hi Ben aka Hammer,

I have managed to send fax via postfix.

You can find some answers at http://www.postfix.org/faq.php#fax

But there are some small mistakes:

change

   /etc/postfix/master.cf:
       fax       unix  -       n       n       -       1       pipe
           flags= user=fax argv=/usr/bin/faxmail -d -n ${user}

   /etc/postfix/master.cf:
       fax       unix  -       n       n       -       1       pipe
           user=fax flags= argv=/usr/local/bin/faxmail -d -n ${user}

The rest can be left unchanged. It works as far as the email body is concerned. Howto get some attachments faxed as well, is a trick I haven't learned yet. But I've asked Rueben to tell me how they manageg.

Regards

Georg

Hammer wrote:

Rueben,

Do you have the mail2fax system working?  What mail
system are you using?

I have been trying for ages to get this to work, but
to no avail.  There's a couple of us working on
getting the steps right and documented.

Ben Blanch