Re: [hylafax-users] notify

Lee Howard typed (on Tue, May 03, 2005 at 04:34:31PM -0700):
| Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
|
| >Well, I'm getting these errors:
| >
| >	bin/notify "doneq/q111076" "failed" "1:30"
| >	mawk: line 37: regular expression compile failed (missing
| >	operand)
| >	*
| >	printf: : Invalid argument (error 22)
| >	printf: : Invalid argument (error 22)
| >	printf: : Invalid argument (error 22)
| >	No recipient addresses found in header
| >
| >If I change setup.cache to use awk instead of mawk:
| >
| >	awk: error compiling regular expression /*/: *?+ not preceded by
| >	valid
| >	expression
| >	 source line 37 of program <<
| >	    function p(var ... >>
| >	 context is
| >				  >>>  gsub("*","",status) <<< ;
| >	printf: : Invalid argument (error 22)
| >	printf: : Invalid argument (error 22)
| >	printf: : Invalid argument (error 22)
| >	No recipient addresses found in header
| >
| >I can't figure out which line 37 of which file. :-(
| >
| >Exactly the same binary of mawk is running on my sites that do send
| >notifications as on the problem site where I'm getting those errors.
|
| Someone else asked about this same problem here yesterday or Friday.
| You may want to check the recent archives.
|
| The suggestion is to upgrade to current CVS HEAD, as we think we got it
| fixed.   I can't locate the Bugzilla report quickly, it seems.

Aha!  I found that message, and there, it's some version of nawk that's
being run, and the error is:

	/usr/bin/nawk: illegal primary in regular expression * at
	source line number 37
	context is
                         >>>  gsub("*","",status) <<<

OK, so it's the same error.   But I do not have this problem on several
sites running 4.2.1, so why would a more recent version fix an error on
one computer?

--
JP