Re: [hylafax-users] rpm versions

Aaron P. Martinez wrote:

I noticed that the most current srpm was for rh3. I have RHEL4 now and
since i didn't see a verson for rh4, i downloaded the src.rpm and used
it to build. It seems to have worked fine but i'm wondering if there is
a reason that i should not do this as some things have changed since
rhel3.

You seem to have done it the most intelligent way that I can imagine.

I notice too that there is a spec file in the tar.gz file and i just
wonder why when i try to do a rbmbuild -ta on it, it won't build. It
complains about unknown tags.

That spec file hasn't been touched since 1998. I don't think that anyone uses it.