[hylafax-users] No response to MPS or EOP repeated 3 tries - v 4.1.7

OK I get this error often for specific fax machines. Please don't tell me to search the archives as I already have, and none of the answers make any sense to me, other than I believe that this error message is related to faxing standards that Hylafax adheres to strickly and some there has problems with older fax machines.

I am supporting Hylafax v4.1.7 on Linux. I never installed or configured it, but just got lumbered with it and now people are looking to me to resolve this  "No response to MPS or EOP repeated 3 tries" error.

Would it help if I upgraded to 4.2.1 is this problem resolved? My managers are already looking to other vendors for a fax solution but surely this is something that can be resolved? Can somebody please provide me with steps to resolve this issue or confirm if an Hylafax upgrade will resolve my problem?

Thanks in Advance

Raj

Do you Yahoo!?