Re: [hylafax-users] A Hint about Devolo Microlink Fun II and Failure to train remote modem

Hi Lee,

Have you done the work to learn *which* of these several AT commands are
the ones that made the difference?

well, now i did, the results are surpising simple:

All of these initstrings seems to be unnessassary the only parameter wich is realy needed is
DCE-DTE-Speed of 57600bps. if I change this to 19200bps i got the same problem again.
It`s a little strange to me that the problem occurs only by sending a fax to the HP OfficeJet. Sending it to an other
Hylafax Server works good with 19200.
In addition i tested 38400bps wich works fine too.

Lee, do you got an idea why the problem occurs at DCE-DTE-Speed of 19200bps ?
I would understand this if it would occur at speeds faster than 19200bps.

I think the initstrings related with flowcontrol are still important. Because the traditional &K3 &K4 etc...
commands are not working with this modem.

Mathias, you`re using the USB-Version of this modem. This may be a completely different thing.
But anyway try to increase the DCE-DTE-Speed to 57600, 115200 or higher. At the moment you`re using 38400
this may be to slow ;-) (?).

AT+MR=0, AT+DR=1, AT+ER=1, and AT+ILRR=0. Do you know what these
settings do?

According to dvl1262.inf +DR:=1 enables V44, +ER enables LAPM the +ILRR= command
seems to controll DTE-Modem Local Rate Reporting.

Kind Regards
Heino

-- This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean. MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support.