Re: [hylafax-users] Newbie meeting a challange: 20K outbound faxe s in 5 hours # With HylaFAX? what RAS hardware?

> Please welcome me to your mailing list ... we need help ... badly :)

Welcome, Stefan!

> We opened a new playground with the challange to build a fax
> server that
> is capable to send out at least 25.000 faxes per day during daytime
> (500k and more per month)

On my server, it takes 70 seconds to transmit a single page fax to a 9600
baud fax machine after waiting 4 rings for an answer.  This is from the time
the modem picks up to dial, until the server reports "Running and Idle",
meaning it is ready for the next job.

So, on a single modem server, I can send about 1,234 faxes per 24 hour day.
So I would need 20 modems to handle 25,000 faxes per 24 hour day.

I believe a T1 will provide you with 24 lines, so that would be your best
solution.  I just run a single line server that handles about 100 faxes per
day, so I have no direct experience running a server that size.  I believe
that there are people on this list running more than 20 lines.  Maybe they
will answer the rest of your questions.

JM