[hylafax-users] Integration / MSSQL dos client Help - Sorry if this sent twice.

My company is running on MSSQL server using MAS500. We have modified the software so that reports can be printed to PDF and saved in a network share. The phone number  and filename is written to a table.

I want to write a script that will read that table and then grab the file and send it to hylafax.

At the beginning of the script I want it to go out and get job status so that it can update the mssql table with status, errors, and all that good stuff.

The problem is I can’t find a windows based hylafax client that can do this. I can write the perl to do the table look ups and writes but I don’t know enough about hylafax or the ftp protocol to handle that end. So I was hopping to find a dos/cmd line client that would get the info I need and send the faxes that I could call from my perl script. No reason to reinvent the wheel.

I am on a pretty strict deadline and what I thought was going to be an easy script is turning into a nightmare.

I can’t find anything on the windows side to handle this.

I also though about writing the script on the linux side using fax::hylafax::client but I can’t get the Linux side to play nice with the mssql server. I could write two scripts a Linux script that monitors job status and dumps to a log file reads from a spool directory to send out the faxes. I could then write a windows script that read the log file and updates sql and then copies the faxes to a share on the hylafax server but that seems like a lot scripts and a real pain in the butt to administer/maintain.

Your thoughts are always appreciated and any insights helpful.

Paul Kraus

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions