[hylafax-users] Waiting for the modem to come ready

Hi guys

Modem: MultiTech MT1932ZDX External Fax Modem
Machine: Redhat Linux

I have successfully installed, configured and used Hylafax to send faxes about a month back.After that, I had to move the machine and the modem to a different room. I did not test hylafax after the location change.

I am unable to send a fax now. When I do a faxstat, I get "Waiting for the modem to come ready".

I have checked the modem. The only LED thats lit is labelled "19" (presumably 19 Kbps). The LED named "CD" is not ON. Does this mean, that my modem is not detecting the carrier tone and hence is the root source of all my problems?

There is one other thing Id like to add. When I start faxgetty using....

$faxgetty /dev/ttyS1 &

faxgetty starts but terminates after a while. Does this explain anything?

Please advise.
Thanks
Joe