Re: [hylafax-users] MultiTech MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92 and Wedging

How many calls do the modem's receive between "wedgings" on average?

The only way I could see to debug this would be to use one of our specially
modified ZPX-PCI modems with a debug port on it to see what the modem did
when it "wedged". Is it possible that you could try to duplicate the issue
in a controlled environment? For example, could you call in from another
machine sending one fax after another and see how long it goes before
"wedging"?

Steve Tuckner
Multi-Tech Systems

Hi Steve!

Yes I have a way I could create a fax-a-matic and try and gag one of the
modems. The easiest would be to keep resending a document from one
fax card to the other. I would need to do this on a saturday morning when
we get almost no faxes. We do business nationally and we get faxes at
all hours of the day during the night. I swear I don't think some of our
customers sleep! Even today when it's a banking holiday we are getting
a pretty steady stream of faxes.

My other option would be to send from another fax server we have but it
only has 14.4K modems in it and the problem seems to occur during
a SuperG3 session.

Until next saturday is there any thing else I can provide you with that
might help?

Thanks!

Mike