Re: [hylafax-users] MultiTech MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92 and Wedging

> Top posting moved to bottom:
>>
>> On 2005.02.18 12:50 Steve Tuckner wrote:
>>> Not being a hylafax expert it makes me wonder about how that call
>>> ended.
>>> There was a problem earlier with the ZPX-PCI and Hylafax where Hylafax
>>> would
>>> drop DTR instead of hanging up with an ATH. Could this be the issue
>>> here?
>>>
>>> Steve Tuckner
>>> Multi-Tech Systems

The "LSR safety check" kernel error means that the serial driver thinks
something 'bad' happened with the port that it was talking to. My
understanding is that the UART returned something invalid when it wasn't
supposed to. When this happens, the kernel gives up on the port and you're
pretty well dead in the water.

Some documentation is in the Modem HOWTO at (this specific error is
mentioned):

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Modem-HOWTO.php

You might also search the hylafax archives, as I believe Lee has fielded
this issue before (earlier last year):

http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2004-04/msg00040.php

Bottom line is that something flaky is going on between the kernel serial
driver and your modem ... possibly IRQ sharing, I/O conflict or something
isn't plugged in quite right, that type of thing.

Christian